11.16.2010

The Mom and Dad

Some might look at this blog and wonder if Isaac is a child roaming in the world with a photographer, or if he is actually part of a family. Well, the truth is he has a mom and dad and we like each other quite a bit. Every once in a while we do things without Isaac. Here's an example. For our anniversary, Grandma D took Isaac over night. This meant we were able to drive to a little town on a little river and go kayaking.

Here we are on the bus ride to our drop off location.

Here I am happily paddling along

and checking out some of the wildlife pointed out by my trusty tour guide.

Trusty Tour Guide
It was only moments later when the tough guy started razing me for bothering to wear my life jacket (which I hadn't thought twice about until he mentioned it. Who doesn't wear a life jacket on a raging river? Notice in the pictures how it's raging?).

Well, it's all fun and games to make fun of water safety until you get tossed out of the kayak by a giant wave (or your wife).

Just kidding. He was fine and I was glad to have his unused life jacket as padding for my bum.

1 comment:

The Boojes said...

He should know better than to trust you, for his own sister pushed him out into a REAL raging river once. Yes, indeed.

I still feel sorry about that.