8.05.2008

back from the lake

We spent a week at my family's cabin up north. There were plenty of lazy days and time for playing on the lake.

This guy could frequently be found zipping around the lake.



After a pretty quiet week we were joined by my cousin and her family. It was the first time Isaac has met them.
Here are the two little tykes together. Sadly, they are both staring at the television.


Exciting days at the lake can lead a little guy to this.
Which is greatly remedied with some chill out time with pa.


Then when you get your second wind, it's back to play time...

or perhaps it's time to settle in with a good book.


We didn't spend all of our time at the lake. We went on a few outings including a trip to Itasca State Park. We stopped at the Lodge for a bite to eat before going to the headwaters.

Here Isaac contemplates the ice cream we had for desert. Soon enough, little buddy.


Then it was off to the water. I carried Isaac across the Mississippi.

Then he put his little feet in that great big river.


And after that, and more, we wrapped up our summer travels and headed home. We'll be here for the next weeks getting ready for Carl and I to head back to work. Yikes!

2 comments:

The Boojes said...

Fun! Isaac is just getting cuter (and chubbier!) by the day! I want to grab him and snuggle him! I love that last picture of Carl with him - a great one of Carl!

I'll be praying for you guys as you get ready for school...yikes!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the story of your trip/ Dad